What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
We use a few different kinds of cookies:
• ‘Session cookies’
• ‘Persistent cookies’
Session and Persistent cookies track what you’re doing on a specific visit to our site
We use session cookies to improve our site and give you a better experience.
Session cookies let us see where you spend your time, and work out which bits are most (and least) effective. Persistent cookies let us remember you on future visits, improving your experience of services or functions offered.
Analytics Cookies – These Cookies specifically monitor how visitors use the website (the pages they visit and how they reached it) to enable us to see a total (not individual) figures on the webpages our visitors are looking at.
You can turn cookies off if you like
Exactly how to do it depends on your browser or phone settings. Try looking in your ‘Help’ section, or searching for ‘How to block cookies’.
If you turn cookies off, you might still see ads for Maddison Entertainment in other places. But they’ll be general, and not based on your specific information.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you would prefer to.
We’ve listed some links (below) which explain how you can control cookies via your browser settings.
(Please note that if you do turn of Cookies in your browser than these settings will likely apply to all websites not just ours).
You can see our other Policies related to our operations over on our Policies Page too!
[Published 2019] [Version 2]
“You” “ The Customer” “Client” refers to the person making a Booking.
Who are we?
We are Maddison Entertainment (“i”,”we”,”our”,us”).
What information does Maddison Entertainment hold about you?
- Contact Name(s), Address, e-mail address, telephone numbers
- Event Start and End Times and any specific information or notes provided by the Client for their event (e.g. timings throughout the day, venue(s) addresses etc.
- Company name (if the client is a Business or Employee of Business)
- Information from social networks or online accounts (information from any account that you share with us e.g. messaging our page/account)
Where is personal information collected from?
Maddison Entertainment only collects personal data directly from Clients.
How do we use your personal information?
- To be able to deliver our service (so we know where to go and when to go)
- To be able to Contact the Client (So we can contact for reasons related to their booking with Maddison Entertainment e.g. For Booking Confirmation, Accounts Purposes, Queries about Timings/Locations and any relevant queries Maddison Entertainment have relevant to a booking.
How long do we retain your personal information?
Maddison Entertainment keeps an electronic record of all customers invoices and emails associated with a booking; these are only stored on the office computer. This is because we need to keep all sales records for at least 5 years for the purpose of Accounting and Tax purposes.
Where we store your Data
The Office Computer (referenced above) – This is a computer that doesn’t leave the office (strictly for Admin/Company purposes) it is Password Protected, Encrypted and has up-to-date security software installed to help protect the data it contains. All Backups are Encrypted too!
Who has access to this information
We may share your personal information with:
• Anyone who works for us when they need it to do their job.
• Anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with.
Under GDPR / Data Protection laws you do have the right to request a copy of the personal data Maddison Entertainment holds about you.
We are legally obliged to provide this information.
We would like to note that there may be a small Administration fee incurred to process your request.
You have the right to request that we delete personal data held about you under the following circumstances:
- You deem the information we held is no longer required for the purpose(s) it was obtained
- You have a valid objection to us holding or using your personal information
- Our use of your personal data contradicts law and/or our legal obligations
You also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
I/We/”Maddison Entertainment” never have access to your financial information when you make payments to Maddison Entertainment using the Worldpay Zinc card machine / online portal or bank transfer.
We use WorldPay Zinc for our online secure card payment method.
Worldpay is a widely used payment company and if you use our card machine or online payment portal it will be via them.
A link is available here >> ( https://goo.gl/QMLrRg ).
At Maddison Entertainment we take Technology and Security very seriously as these are vital to the operations of our Services.
If you do have any questions about your personal information or have a complaint please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will contact you as soon as possible regarding your complaint.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any Advice you can contact the ICO.
You can download and print a copy of this document by clicking here.